Noritake is renowned for designing and manufacturing the highest quality tableware. Quality porcelain and bone china are fired at the highest temperature to form the strongest dinnerware. Though your porcelain or bone china is extremely durable, it is still breakable if mistreated. Below is a helpful guide for looking after your Noritake.
Dishwasher Tips for Dinnerware & Handmade Glassware
- Use the fine china/crystal cycle on your dishwasher and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Avoid lemon-based detergents as this may cause pitting on the gold or platinum band of your formal dinnerset. We recommend using liquid detergent over powder or tablets.
- Avoid overloading as this can lead to items rubbing or colliding.
- Use a small amount of detergent and ensure your tableware is completely rinsed.
- Although dishwasher safe, we recommend washing handmade glassware by hand and polish with a dry lint free cloth.
- Soak your pieces in hot soapy water for roughly one hour to loosen and remove any adhesive stickers.
Care Advice for Dinnerware
- Avoid any sudden temperature change, such as putting a hot item into cold water. The heat temporarily softens metal such as gold or platinum. Let your dinnerware cool down before handling.
- After removing your china from storage you may need to polish the gold or platinum ring. Oxidation or discolouration can build up on the trim if left exposed to air, water/moisture and heat. We recommend removing the tarnish with a metal polishing kit (e.g. cape cod).
- Don’t put anything metal, such as the gold or platinum band on formal dinnerware, in the microwave oven.
- Never expose your dinnerware to direct flame, such as top burners of a gas stove.
- Though your Noritake is protected with a high quality glaze, hard pressure from cheap cutlery can still cause scratching and scuffs. To remove these marks make a paste with baking soda and a little warm water, and wipe until the marks disappear.
Care Advice for Stainless Steel Cutlery
- Use gentle detergent to clean your cutlery. Avoid using a steel wool or chemicals like bleach, alcohol or oven cleaners. We recommend drying immediately.
If your item is faulty we will replace it in accordance with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) repair, replacement and refund guide.
We hope this information will help you keep your Noritake tableware beautiful and long lasting for generations to come.